Firmware Updates During Activation
Most Chargifi Neutrons that have been in a warehouse for a long time will need to update their firmware once they are first connected to the internet.
This is completely normal and may cause the activation to fail.
If a constant green LED shows, indicating the update, then wait for it to complete, and reactivate it.
Any other error that may show after activation that shows green blinking LEDs should be able to be resolved by reactivating.
One possible cause is that the activating smartphone has only an intermittent internet connection. If the issue persists, check the following:
- Go to the Chargifi Deploy app and locate the Spot in question in the venue.
- Check whether the Spot has the correct a external communication module ID (or a different one due to this being a replacement hardware job).
If so, then the activation on the backend has been successful.
- Exit the application and perform the activation again.
- If the issue persists, log a support ticket.
LED Flashing Same Sequence
If you tried activating multiple times and you're seeing the same sequence of LED blinks and you're sure there’s nothing wrong with the phone, cable connection, network, or user steps, then follow these steps:
- Power the Spot off and then on again.
- Activate the Spot but tilt your smartphone a little bit so you're able to see the LED blinking.
- Pay attention to whether the LED continues blinking or if it stops blinking.
- If it continues blinking while the screen is flashing, then this can mean one of two problems:
- You did not place the smartphone screen down towards the Neutron at the right time.
- The light sensor on the Neutron is malfunctioning and in't picking up the blinking light from the phone. The Spot needs to be replaced.
Please sign in to leave a comment.