There can be various stages of the installation process during which you may come across some unexpected issues when you are commissioning your Spots.
Some of the more common issues during commissioning are described below.
Ensure you have checked all the following if you are having issues during the activation stage of the installation process:
- The phone with which you are doing the BlinkUp is facing the Chargifi Neutron holes screen down and completely covering the holes - make sure you keep the holes covered until the flashing stops.
- The correct network credentials have been entered both in the Installer app and in the site survey worksheet that was submitted for the venue and match.
The network must comply with Chargifi network requirements.
This means you'll need to double-check the following:
- Frequency in GHz of the Wi-Fi on site
- Network name (SSID)
- Network password
- Open ports (80 and 443)
- Captive portal information and whitelisting
- Poor or non-existent Wi-Fi signal or internet connection
- Security type
- Your phone with which you are performing the activation process is still connected to the internet.
- The screen and screen functions on the phone are in good condition and disable auto-brightness.
Ensure you have checked all the following if you are having issues during the calibration stage of the installation process:
- Your phone is set on the surface of the Neutron to calibrate it.
- The Spot is connected to the power source and the power supply to the Spot is consistent.
Ensure you have checked all the following if you are having issues during the testing stage of the installation process:
- You have cleared the surface of the Spot.
- You are using a Qi-enabled device to test the charging. Check which devices are Qi-enabled here.
- The Neutron has been calibrated.
- The cabling is properly plugged in to the transmitter, Neutron, and - if you are using them, Cloud Gateways also.