The prerequisites and LED light descriptions below should enable you to troubleshoot the activation process for installing Chargifi SmartSpots with Cloud Gateways.
You activate the Gateways and the Neutrons in a mesh network installation using the BlinkUp™ process. Before troubleshooting, we recommend you try the BlinkUp™ process once more from start to finish.
The transmitter does not have to be connected to be activated.
The prerequisites listed below refer to imp-enabled devices. This refers to either a Gateway or a Neutron. You have checked the following:
- The imp-enabled device is powered on.
- The imp-enabled device’s status LED is blinking. If it is not, you need to restart the device.
- You have the correct BlinkUp app for the device.
- You have selected the correct impCloud if you are using the Electric Imp app.
- You have obtained and entered the correct network SSID and password.
Make sure your mobile OS and/or third-party add-ons have not auto-capitalized the first letter of your password, as passwords and SSIDs are case-sensitive.
- You are not trying to connect to a public hotspot or other wireless network that requires you to sign in via a web page — this access mode is not supported by any imp.
- You are not trying to connect to a network that the imp in the device cannot reach.
For example, an imp001 can’t connect to a 5GHz network, however, an imp005 can.
- Your mobile device screen is as close as possible to the imp-enabled device’s BlinkUp sensor for the entire time the screen is flashing.
- Your mobile and imp-enabled devices are kept as stationary as possible during BlinkUp.
Neutron - LED Color Codes Explained
Neutron has not yet been provisioned
Neutron is disconnected from the Gateway
Provisioning (Neutron is joining a Gateway)
Neutron is connected to the Gateway
Neutron is provisioned and establishing a connection with the Gateway
Please sign in to leave a comment.