Robin’s workplace experience software allows you to book spaces and seats to increase workplace productivity and efficiency.
Our Robin Integration package takes you a step further and enables you and your colleagues and employees to wirelessly charge your mobile devices while triggering space and seat reservations as you move through your workplace.
By simply setting your mobile device down on a Chargifi Spot in either a meeting room or at a hot desk, you can simultaneously book that space or seat in Robin and charge your device.
You can link Robin spaces and seats in the Chargifi Develop app with specific meeting rooms (spaces) and hot desks (seats) in your venues, enabling you to reserve them by placing your device down on a Spot.
To facilitate reserving spaces with Robin using your Spots, you’ll need to have the following:
- A Robin account with a role allowing you to create an organization API key
- Spaces and seats set up in Robin to which you can link surfaces and Spots in the integration
- An organization API key in Robin to facilitate the integration with Chargifi Cloud
Connect Robin with Chargifi Cloud
- Go to Chargifi Cloud -> Develop -> Smart Integrations -> Robin -> Manage Integration.
- Click Add a Robin Integration.
- Enter a name for this integration (for example, the location ID for the premises).
- Enter default lengths of time for reservations.
For example, you may enter 30 minutes as a default reservation time for meeting room spaces and 240 minutes for hot desk seats.
- Select your Chargifi organization and then optionally a venue from the dropdown lists.
- Copy and paste your Robin API token into the API Key field.
- Once your API key has been verified, select a Robin user who will make the automatic reservations in Robin's system.
- Click Create Integration.
You will see the new Robin integration you created in the Integrations list in the Robin overview screen of the Develop app.
Link Robin Spaces to Chargifi Surfaces
- Click on your new integration to begin defining which Chargifi surfaces will trigger reserving a Robin space when someone places a charging device on a Spot within a surface.
- Make sure you select the tab Spaces (Meeting Rooms).
- Select a Chargifi surface.
- Select a Robin space.
Only Scheduled Spaces in Robin can be linked to Chargifi surfaces.
- Click Create Link.
- Your new integration appears in the Linked Spaces list.
Link Robin Seats to Spots
- Click on your new integration to begin defining which Spots will trigger reserving a Robin desk when someone places a charging device on a Spot.
- Make sure you select the tab Seats (Hot Desks).
- Select a Spot.
- Select a Robin seat.
- Click Create Link.
- Your new integration appears in the Linked Seats list.
The relationship between Chargifi surfaces or Spots and Robin spaces or desks is 1:1. Once you have linked a surface to a space or a Spot to a seat, you can’t assign the same surface or Spot to another space or seat.
If you want to set up a different link, you need to delete the existing one by going to the list of links, clicking on the arrow beside the wrench icon, and then selecting Delete. Then the entity is available to link to a different entity.
Test Your Integration
Set your wireless charging-enabled mobile device down on a Spot that has been linked to a Robin seat or that is within a surface linked to a Robin space and check that it begins to charge and that the space or seat appears as reserved in Robin.
Please sign in to leave a comment.