This assessment is intended to assist you in thinking about the location in which you might want to deploy Chargifi SmartSpots, the type of people who may potentially use them, how to make them aware of the presence of SmartSpots, whereabouts at the location do people spend most of their time, and in which direction you’d like to channel them.
Contact us to discuss the following:
- Strategic SmartSpot placement to maximize on the potential revenue opportunities that can be unlocked by providing power on-the-go and enhancing the experience
- Customizing and bespoke branding options as well as sponsorship messages to your wireless chargers
This approach means that you’ll get a solution that’s tailored to your needs and, if you're a managed service provider (MSP), the needs of your client.
This viability assessment is intended for managed service providers, project managers, and venue managers wishing to install Chargifi SmartSpots.
A viability assessment is strongly recommended to ascertain whether the location is suitable before conducting the formal site survey.
You have reviewed the following carefully:
- Our design menu for an overview of the various deployment options that are available
- Technical Specifications
- Important: Our network requirements checklist
- Complete the following activities and questions.
- Take photos of the layout of the proposed site and furniture.
- Draw up a detailed floor plan.
- Scan and attach your answers, photos, and floor plan in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are tables fixed or moveable?
Moveable furniture can be helpful if you want to have the SmartSpots installed off-site by one of our recommended installation companies or in a different area of the site to contain any dust etc.
- If tables are moveable, how often are they moved or are they permanently based in one spot?
We recommend installing SmartSpots on tables that aren't moved frequently although we have different deployment options available for different types of location.
- Are the tables and surfaces constructed of non-metallic material? Do any of the tables have metallic legs?
Wireless charging units need to be installed in furniture that is made of a material that doesn't interfere with inductive charging.
- Is there enough space between the legs and the planned placement of the SmartSpots to safely install the SmartSpots?
For more information on the required placement of SmartSpots, product dimensions, and cable management, see the latest Installation Guide.
- Do tables and surfaces have access to power?
Consider whether power cabling from the SmartSpots could be safely run from tables and surfaces at the site.
- Draw up a floor plan of the venue in which you are considering deploying SmartSpots for wireless charging.
- Draw the zones (for example, Hotel Lobby or Office Area 1).
- Draw the surfaces (for example, Desk 1, Desk 2, and so forth).
This information will be used to create the SmartSpot in the Chargifi Cloud Deploy app and will also be referenced in the client dashboard (for example, “Hotel Lobby”) so try to use easily-recognizable names.
- Measure and write down the dimensions of all the surfaces where you want to deploy the SmartSpots on your floor plan.
- Measure and write down on the floor plan the distances between the SmartSpots (if installing more than one SmartSpot at one table (for example, in a boardroom).
- Measure and write down on the floor plan how far away the nearest power sources are located from the proposed SmartSpots.
- Take photos of the furniture you are considering using for SmartSpot installations and attach them along with the answers to these questions in an email to Chargifi.
- Provide an IT contact to whom Chargifi can send our network requirements to ensure we are able to connect the SmartSpots on the date of the installation.
Once we have received all the above information, we will schedule a site survey and send you a detailed proposal.
The proposal will contain the following information for you to review:
- Number of SmartSpots
- Recommended installation positions
- Which type of SmartSpots would be best for your location, decor, and furnishings
- Quotation for the cost of the installation project including equipment, service, and installation fees
The survey involves a formal inspection of the area, assessment of the feasibility of your chosen site for deployment, and the number of units we would recommend at each location.
For more information, see our Site Survey Worksheet.