Activation is first step in the process of installing Chargifi Spots.
Unless you activate the Spot, there will be no change to the IoT system or Chargifi Cloud. You can wirelessly charge Qi-enabled devices, but no without credentials being registered to Chargifi Cloud, no IoT communication takes place.
Activation does the following:
- If you are using Wi-Fi to communicate with Chargifi Cloud Supplies the Chargifi Neutron with the venue's network Wi-Fi credentials which it will use to connect to the IoT servers through the internet
- Establishes the connection to the IoT servers
- Registers the IoT chip to Chargifi's IoT services account
- Assigns the Neutron to a Spot in Chargifi Cloud
- It doesn't matter to which network the Installer app smartphone is connected. The smartphone for the installation can be connected to an entirely different network than the network to which the SSpot is being assigned.
- The transmitter doesn't have to be connected, although it makes the activation process more efficient