To commission a SmartSpot that is a Bluetooth connected device with Cloud Gateways, you need to do the following using Chargifi Installer app on your mobile device:
- Install the Cloud Gateway.
- Activate and calibrate the SmartSpot and the Chargifi Neutron.
- Test the SmartSpot and check it on Chargifi Cloud in the Manage app.
Installer takes you through these three steps of the process screen by screen with easy-to-follow instructions.
You have all of the following entities already available in your network in Chargifi Cloud in the Deploy app:
- Organization, venue, zone, and a surface
- An installation job scheduled for the venue and an installation company assigned to it as well as at least one installer
You have the hardware ready including the following:
- Cloud Gateway
- Ethernet cable (if using ethernet)
- Power cables
- Download the appropriate version of Installer depending on the type of mobile device you have.
- Log in to the Installer app on your mobile device.
If you have an iPhone, you will need to go to Settings -> General -> Device Management -> Chargifi Ltd. and then tap Trust Chargifi Ltd.
Now open Installer and log on.
- On the Installation Jobs screen, tap the relevant job assigned to you.
- Tap Get Started.
- Tap Install a Cloud Gateway.
- Choose the correct network type for the installation job, either WiFi or Ethernet.
- For WiFi networks, enter the service set identifier (SSID) (network name) and the network password.
- Activate the Gateway by unplugging it and then plugging it back in again to the power source.
- The LED light on the Gateway begins blinking.
- Tap Activate on your device while the LED light on the Gateway is still blinking.
- The screen on your device begins a countdown of 3, 2, 1.
- During this countdown, place the screen of your device on top of the blinking LED lights.
- Do not remove until your device until it chimes and vibrates and the flashing light from your device has stopped.
- When the flashing stops, the Gateway is activated, and a green success checkmark is displayed on your screen.
If you were unsuccessful or an error message appeared, unplug the device, wait five
seconds, re-plug the device and try the above steps again.
- Install the SmartSpots by tapping Install a SmartSpot.
- Select a zone and a surface.
- Select a SmartSpot.
- Select the installation method (through-surface or sub-surface).
- Connect the SmartSpot to the Neutron and then the Neutron to the power source.
- Scan the QR barcode of the Neutron with your device.
- Wait for the Neutron to join the Cloud Gateway.
- Clear the surface of the SmartSpot and then wait for calibration to auto-complete.
Follow on-screen instructions to resolve any issues.
Calibration ensures that the SmartSpot is connected to the network and, therefore, Chargifi Cloud can accurately monitor and communicate with it.
- Do a test charge by placing a wireless charging enabled phone on the SmartSpot to charge.
This can be the same phone you are using for the Installer app.
Testing ensures that the SmartSpot is fully functioning and connected to Chargifi Cloud.
- Check to see that the mobile device battery is charging. Leave it there while you complete the next steps in Chargifi Cloud.
- Go to Deploy -> Jobs and click on the current job in the Job List.
- Scroll down to the SmartSpot List in the job details screen and check that the SmartSpot you are testing now has the status Completed with a green traffic light in the Progress column.
- Go to Manage -> SmartSpots and check the status of the SmartSpot is In Use.
- Take photos of the SmartSpot and the cabling.
- Tap Complete Installation.