To commission a SmartSpot, you need to do the following using Chargifi Installer app on your mobile device:
Installer takes you through these three steps of the process screen by screen with easy-to-follow instructions.
You have all of the following entities already available in your network:
- Organization, venue, zone, and a surface
- An installation job scheduled for the venue and an installation company assigned to it as well as at least one installer
- Download the appropriate version of Installer depending on the type of mobile device you have.
- Log in to the Installer app on your mobile device.
If you have an iPhone, you will need to go to Settings -> General -> Device Management -> Chargifi Ltd. and then tap Trust Chargifi Ltd.
Now you'll be able to open Installer.
- On the Installation Jobs screen, tap the relevant job assigned to you.
- Enter your venue's network information (network name and password).
You can do this either by entering the name and password manually (if you are using the app for the first time or at the venue for the first installation job), or by selecting an existing saved network from the dropdown list.
- Now unplug the SmartSpot and then plug it back in again.
This is necessary to get the LED lights to begin flashing in the Chargifi Neutron (which is required to begin the activation process).
- While the red LED light is flashing on the Neutron, tap Activate on the Installer screen.
- The app begins a 3, 2, 1 countdown.
- During this countdown, place your mobile device screen down on top of the Neutron to cover the flashing LED lights completely.
You will notice that your mobile device begins flashing a bright white light into the Neutron. This is known as the BlinkUp process and is responsible for activating the SmartSpot.
- Continue to hold your mobile device - screen down against the Neutron - until it chimes and the white lights have stopped flashing.
Your mobile device displays a success checkmark and notifies you that the activation has been successful.
Calibration ensures that the SmartSpot is connected to the network and, therefore, Chargifi Cloud can accurately monitor and communicate with it.
- Make sure there is nothing on top of the SmartSpot.
- In the Installer app, tap Calibrate.
Calibration takes place automatically and your mobile device displays a success checkmark and notifies you that the calibration has been successful.
You are prompted to test the SmartSpot next. This ensures that the SmartSpot is fully functioning and connected to Chargifi Cloud.
- Place your mobile device on top of the SmartSpot and check to see that the battery is charging. Leave it there while you complete the next steps in Chargifi Cloud.
- Go to Deploy -> Jobs and click on the current job in the Job List.
- Scroll down to the SmartSpot List in the job details screen and check that the SmartSpot you are testing now has the status Completed with a green traffic light in the Progress column.
- Go to Manage -> SmartSpots and check the status of the SmartSpot is In Use.