This article explains what you need to have set up before using the Installer app and then the step-by-step procedure for the installation using the app to guide you.
Get Your Account
Ensure your Chargifi Cloud administrator has created one of the following two types of Chargifi accounts for you:
- Installation Manager
Installation managers can access Installer on a mobile device to carry out the installation job and the Installers section of Chargifi Deploy on Chargifi Cloud to oversee and manage details for installation jobs and crew.
Installers can access Installer on a mobile device to carry out the installation and commissioning of SmartSpots but don't have access to Deploy to make changes to jobs.
As soon as your account is created by an administrator, you will receive an automated email from Chargifi Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a link to set up your own password for your Chargifi account.
Download the App
Check that your mobile device meets these minimum requirements to be able to download Installer:
iPhone: iOS 10+
The app has been designed for iPhone, but it also works on iPads and iPods.
- Download Installer.
- Go to the iPhone app Settings -> General -> Device Management -> Chargifi Ltd.
- Tap Trust Chargifi Ltd.
- Go to the Installer app you already downloaded and note that it is now activated and you can log on.
Android: Android Kitkat 4.4+ and Bluetooth BLE Support
Ensure you have adjusted your mobile device security settings to accept third-party software downloads.
To sign in to Installer, complete the following steps:
- Enter your user name (email address) and the password that you created previously.
- You will be directed to the Installation Jobs page.
- Once you have signed in successfully, your credentials are saved and you won't need to enter them again until you either sign out or you upgrade to a new version of the app.
If you forget your password, complete the following steps:
- IGo to the sign-in page and tap Forget?
- Enter your email address and tap Send Reset Link.
- Check your inbox for an email from Chargifi with Reset Password.
- If an email was not received from Chargifi to reset the password, check your junk folder.
- Reset your password and sign in to the app again.
If you want to sign out of Installer to return to the sign-in page and delete your credentials from the device, do the following:
- Tap the user icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on Sign Out.
- You will be directed to the Installation Jobs screen where you can see all the jobs to which you have been assigned.
- You can see information about the venue at which each installation job is to be done.
- Tap on a job to see the job details.
Only jobs that have the status Preparing or Installation Scheduled are listed in Installer. Once a job is completed and approved by the administrator, it will be no longer appear in this list. Only an installation manager or administrator can see it in Deploy in the Jobs section under Job History.
Make the WiFi Settings