The Aruba Meridian integration allows you to associate Aruba Meridian maps and placemarks with Chargifi venues and Spots, enabling users to easily find wireless charging facilities while encouraging them to avail themselves of additional facilities such as bars, cafes, restaurants, and office spaces.
The integration has the following features:
- Users can get turn-by-turn directions to the closest available wireless charging Spot.
- The status of your Spots (In Use, Available or Offline) is automatically updated in real-time on your Aruba Meridian placemarks.
- Placemarks are displayed on users’ mobile devices with the Spot status to complement your existing facilities.
To facilitate integrating Chargifi Spots with Aruba Meridian maps and placemarks, you’ll need to have the following:
- Aruba Meridian license
- Meridian Editor account
- Meridian customized map of your facilities
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
To integrate Aruba Meridian with Chargifi Spots, do the following:
Create Placemarks in Meridian
- Log on to Meridian Apps at https://meridianapps.com.
- Create the Spot placemarks on your each of your maps where Chargifi Spots have been deployed.
See here for how to add placemarks in Meridian.
- Create a Meridian Application Token
Read this article on how to get an authentication token.
Set Up the Integration on Chargifi Cloud
- In Chargifi Cloud, go to Develop -> Smart Integrations -> Manage Meridian Integration.
- Select Link an Organization, to link a Chargifi organization with your Meridian authentication token.
- Choose your Chargifi organization from the dropdown list and paste the corresponding Meridian authentication token you obtained in the previous section in step 3 into the box.
- Check the Active? button is on.
- Select Create Link.
You are redirected to the newly-linked Organization page.
- Map your Chargifi venue with your Meridian location by selecting them from the dropdown lists.
- Choose Create Link to link Chargifi to Meridian.
- You will see the venue appear in the Venue List.
- Select the venue to navigate to the Spot/Placemark mapping screen.
Map each Chargifi Spot with the equivalent Meridian placemark.
- Choose Create Link for each mapping.
Test Your Integration
- Place a mobile device on the Spot.
- Custom field 1 of the corresponding placemark in Meridian is updated based on the charging status and will show one of the following statuses:
- In Use