If you are deploying a large number of SmartSpots at a venue for the first time, it may make sense to batch create these.
If you are only doing a pilot deployment with a few test units, you can just create them manually.
You have created the following:
Create Individual SmartSpots
- In Deploy under Network, click on the relevant organization and then the relevant venue.
- Click Create a SmartSpot.
- Choose the tab Create Individual.
- Select the following:
- If you haven't already done so, create the zone and then the surface now.
- Click Create a Zone and enter a name for it.
- Choose Add.
- Then click Create a Surface and enter a name for it.
- Choose Add.
- Enter a name for your SmartSpot.
- Finally, choose one of the following buttons:
- Add Another if you want to continue creating more SmartSpots manually
- Create if you are creating just one SmartSpot now
Create Multiple SmartSpots
If you are deploying a large number of SmartSpots, you can mass create them for the same venue (and organization) by choosing the tab Create Multiple.
- Select the organization and the venue.
- Choose the button Download Template to speed up the batch creation process further.
You have a template CSV file with three input-ready columns to map SmartSpot, surface, and zone names quickly and easily.
Row 1 contains the headers for these columns and should not be edited.
Add each SmartSpot you want to create into a row (below row 1).
SmartSpots can share the same
Surface Namesince multiple SmartSpots can be assigned to the same zone and surfaces. However, the
SmartSpot Nameshould be unique.
- When you have finished filling in the template, choose the Upload button.